Other than being a fashionable mall, Tampines 1 is also a food haven for all foodies to get their cravings satisfied!
We have gathered 5 must-haves unique food in Tampines 1 which are both Instagram worthy and offer a great reason to gather all your good friends for a food hunting session.
1) MIAM MIAM FRENCH TOAST (B1-05)
Everyone have their fair share of trying out different varieties of French Toast from coffee chains, neighbourhood coffee shops, and even thick toast from cafes. But soft and fluffy like pillows, drenched in the sweetness of maple syrup with the warm embrace of whipped cream?
Well, you gotta pay a visit to Miam Miam!
“I liked how the french toast is fluffy and soft like pillows. Maybe they can venture into a new business making REAL PILLOWS with these french toast?” –TalkingEvilBean
2) 320 BELOW NITROGEN ICE CREAM (B1-32)
320 Below (B1-32) prepares their ice cream right in front of you using Nitrogen instead of putting ice cream mixture into the freezer for hours before it’s ready to serve. Nitrogen does the same job in minutes!
Benefits of using Nitrogen to freeze your ice cream:
1) Freshness: All their ice cream are made right in front of you when you order and you can’t get any fresher than that! As it’s freshly made, you don’t have to worry about additives such as emulsifiers, stabilizers or preservatives.
2) Smooth Texture: The quick freeze process ensures there is no build up of ice crystals in the ice cream, and that gives your ice cream a nice smooth texture.
3) Healthier: Freezing your ice cream quickly means lesser sugar is needed in the ice cream. Of course it is still sweet, and some flavours are sweeter than others, but every little helps.
4) Clean: There may be small creatures underwater that can survive the super heated water of an underground volcano but no nasty germ has yet been recorded surviving -320F (Nitrogen boiling point).
After this crash course on why Nitrogen is great in the making of ice cream, let’s take a look at it in action!
Mixture of the ice cream is prepared only upon order, so you can ensure absolute freshness in your cup of yums!
3) LENAS BREADED BANANA BROWNIE HOT PAN WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
Sweet breaded banana fried to the fragrance of your favourite Goreng Pisang | Checked
Thick warm chocolatety Brownie with chocolate sauce | Checked
Ice cold Vanilla ice cream to blend in with the sweet and warm dessert | Checked
This dessert here is everyone's guilty pleasure whenever they visit Lenas. Don't say you have been to Lenas if you haven't try this. Definitely in our Must-Have list at Tampines 1!
"Definitely a tooth-some dish for us, I love the banana because the were deep fried perfectly and goes really well with the chocolate sauce. If I'm not wrong this is quite a popular dessert offered at LENAS. I will definitely come back for more because this is really good and i would highly recommend you to add this to your dessert. The serving was able to served up to 3 people." - Uncle Teh Peng
4) THAI EXPRESS BISTRO THAI MASSAMAN CURRY (04-09)
Ranked as the No.1 dish in the World's 50 Most Delicious Food, it's no doubt that the Thai Massaman falls in our Must-Haves list.
The curry is unqiue as it is rarely found in Singapore because of its labour intensive preparation procedures which uses over 20 ingredients just for the curry base. The sweet, salty and spicy curry is best tasted with the crispy pancakes that come with it.
5) 4FINGERS CHICKEN KATSU SANDWICH
With 4Fingers constant R&D efforts to bring on board innovative yums, the Chicken Katsu Sandwich was created to capture the greedy tastebuds of their customers.
The deep fried mantou (crispy!) was the sandwich bun which embraces the goodness of Japanese inspired Katsu Chicken and Korean inspired Kimchi coleslaw which refreshes your tastebuds from the fried chicken.
If you are a lover of all things innovative and yummy, do check out this unique sandwich!
There are of course a lot of other delectable dishes in Tampines 1 which are worth savouring too. So swing by the mall today, and have a great feasting session!
List of F&B choices in Tampines 1.